Saturday, January 3, 2009

bleeding inks books






I went about replicating Daniel Eatocks ‘Pantone Pen Print’ by doing so I put a system together which was simple. This was putting a set of felt tip pens on a stack of paper and leaving them for a week. Although the outcome could have been imagined, I liked the element of not knowing exactly what the outcome and forms would be. There is a sense of excitement leading up to revealing the finished piece before lifting up the pens.

It was kind of tricky to bind such a vast amount of separate sheets of paper. I tried using a technique where you create slits all the way down the spine, and fill them in glue and small pieces of book binding thread, and after covered it with scrim to make it a little more secured. I found the Japanese book binding technique worked a lot better for holding the pages together.

No comments:

Post a Comment