Friday, March 20, 2009

Found art work book





This book I created is more of a collection of pieces. Its a systematic record of when I walked down a road in Digbeth in birmingham. It is a place where there is a lot of urban art work pasted on the walls. I cam about this idea when walking there one morning. The system I set in place was to tear as much of the every poster I could in one tear, This was done from one corner downwards until the paper ripped off. This would form the documentation of my journey through Digbeth. Instead of binding the artwork in a structured form I felt a neatly folded collection would be better, binding it with a piece of rope. This allows the viewer to open out the pages and rummage around, letting the pieces be freer in the same way I saw them on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment